Monday 28 February 2011

 A quilt I made out of vintage scraps and parts of aprons. I have had a few aprons made of gorgeous vintage fabric but have never known what to do with them. Then I got the idea to make a quilt out of them with big squares. I lined it with a white soft velour type fabric. Its all snuggly and lovely.
 Tania pointed out this gorgeous quilt at the local Salvos so I quickly grabbed it and didn't let it go till I had paid for it. Its 50's style and in all of my favourite colours mainly pink and green. I can't stop raving about it as it is just so beautiful and so me.
I have a bit of collection of vintage quilted throws. This is another one from my collection that I rescued from the dog blankets at the same Salvos. A good soak and Napisan and its like new. I also have a orange and brown paisley quilted throw that currently lives in Tania's Kombi as a picnic blanket. And a green paisley one that lives in my car as picnic rug. They are perfect for picnic rugs as they provide a bit of extra padding on the ground or sand. Not to mention they look beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment